Kickstarter project: it's not impossible.

Castle Fight EU: News, Downloads, Changelogs, General Discussion.
Ricirich91

Kickstarter project: it's not impossible.

Post by Ricirich91 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:15 am

Hello, first of all sorry about being missed so much in the forum. I had a boring summer, free-work (0 incoming ) :')
I'm continuing keeping CF on Facebook, and I'm loving seeing lot of new members joining every week.

I have to write here, that lastly many players are asking if it will be ever possible to release a "real game" or "stand-alone version" ...which both means "a new game with it's own platform", like dota went into lol/dota2.

Interesting is the fact that nowadays it is possible to develop "impossible projects" thanks to the web crowfunding. As the main problem for games is the missing of a powerful budget, the funding system allows your project to reach the available amount of $ to be created, basically thanks to people's donations.

The website kickstarter is worldwide famous for hosting any kind of project, and you can check that lot of them have reached thousands and thousands of moneys. Some of them have triplicated the minimum budget, having a 300% more moneys available for the project.

I believe kickstarter will be able to give the needed cash to form a team, to develop Castle Fight.

What do you think?
Cheers,
Riccardo
The first guy in the world ables to stay 25 hours a day in CF forum

mahjaben

Re: Kickstarter project: it's not impossible.

Post by mahjaben » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:21 am

Thank you for sharing to us.there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.I would like to join your forum anyway so please continue sharing with us
Guaranteed Testking JN0-332 exam preparation with self paced mybraindumps and practice test. Also get free demos of 642-427 braindumps test.Best wishes.

hitmanas8

Post by hitmanas8 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:38 pm

It's a nice idea, though a very big fanbase would be required(or someone rich who just wants to chip in a lot,lol)

I can see how it'd happen, but a LOT of work would be required to say the least.Atleast a basic sketch of the game should be made in order to launch the kickstarter with any hope of actually achieving the goal.The hardest point here would be advertising, as with only w3 screenshots/videos atm, it'd be unattractive.
What'd be possible is makin previews using starcraft, not warcraft,or any other game engine that enables atleast basic editing.

ddmn
Map Developer

Post by ddmn » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 pm

Smithy Jones

Post by Smithy Jones » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:34 am

Have you ever created a video game before?

If not, have you ever programmed before?

If you haven't done either of those, you need to learn.

Here is a video game engine that has been used to create professional games.

http://unity3d.com/

It comes in a free version and a pro version. I suggest you use the free version until you are familiar with it.
It is well suited for your purposes because it can create iOS and Android versions without requiring any changes in the game code.

It uses a programming language called C#. Here's a tutorial for learning C#:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 71%29.aspx

With these, you can eventually create something to show people that you are serious.

Daisy

Post by Daisy » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:12 am