Races tier list and discussion!

Castle Fight EU: News, Downloads, Changelogs, General Discussion.
Miacis

Races tier list and discussion!

Post by Miacis » Thu Aug 25, 2016 4:37 am

Hello, CF players, today I saw a post in which some guy was talking about balance between races and I decided to start my own discussion with some analysis provided.

First of all, here's the list:
  • S: Northern Realms, Corrupted Ones Conglomerate, Undead Forces - these are who is possible to carry almost any shit they have as an ally. Strong combos with any race.

A+: Chaos Legions - too good to be below, too bad to be above. It is almost perfect race like the upper ones.

A: Elementals Universe, Night Elves - they do the same as above but have more bad matchups

B: Mech Coalition, Human Alliance, Elven Union - average overall, kinda "ok races" which excel in some matchups but totally suck in others due to lack of options

C: Nature Force, Orcish Horde - they need to be supported by the S-tier race (and actually make good combos with them) to be able to compete with the others.

Dumpster: Naga Faction - they are pain to play... Easily countered by almost any shit imaginable.
I estimate the rank by certain criteria, such as:
  • Race having strong air units
    Race having anti-air options
    Race having siege and anti-caging options
    Race having useful supportive buildings
    Race having useful legendary buildings/units
    Race having options in common units selection
That being said, NR, COC and UF are coming as the best races: they have good units, air or anti-air, and supportive buildings and have legendary units/buildings carrying them to that level of ranking. If the game on Random Race mod is "rock-paper-scissors", then EACH of those 3 is Rock, Paper AND Scissirs all in one.

CL is almost as good as those, and surely has a lot of options in the late game with 2 legendary buildings and one legendary unit while also having good air and very strong ground. The reason I put them into A+ is simply lack of early options and unreliability of Magic Tower Ruin. The only possible starting option is Succubus, which limits the starting choice of allied race. If you lost early game with CL you've probably lost the round.

EleU and NE are tricky - the first one has arguably strongest common units with good abilities, damage and defence, also really good buff thingy which makes them overwhelm inferior races on the battlefield. The only thing EleU are afraid are good turrets because their siege unit is fucking melee. Buff, while being strong, doesn't make as much impact in matchups when EleU have to build pounds to cage cheap units. Their scaling is pretty slow and they can afford it because of negating enemy air. Linker makes their late actually exist.
NE is just having aoe disables that makes any legendary (or just strong ground units, such as Axemaster) units plain useless but due to lack of anti air they are only A tier. This is the very only their weakness.

MC is a fully supportive race. They don't have a lot of options in common units selection as well as offensive supportive buildings. If they get overwhelmed by enemy units, there is no way to comeback.
HA is obviously cancer race which puts you on a timer at the very moment you see their first unit. Their gameplay is simple: make it to the 30-ish minute and wreck your buildings with Artillery. There is a very few scenarios in which they are possible to actually beat their enemy on the battlefield but they certainly have a chance to do so. And in some scenarios they are not able to live until they can afford building 40 artilleries because of their small units which usually get shit on in late game. Pretty cool designed race and well balanced I'd say.
ElvU is pretty similar to HA with a little less actual win conditions - yes their late game with revives, heals and stationary blast staves aka obelisks of light is there, but how to get there is a good question. The very supportive race, highly dependand on their ally.

NatF, despite having good overall units, also has some untis which are total shit (yes I'm talking furbolgs). The drakes aren't that strong damage wise and anti-air options are limited. They combo well with few other races but S tier are in S tier because they combo good with anything. Nature is just underwhelming.
OH is another ground-oriented race which is in C tier only because it has win condition - Stun. Despite Axemaster being the strongest ground non-legendary unit and Catapult having ridiculous damage, the unit options are very limited. They are either carried by Axemasters or destroyed by any air units.

NagF is a fucking joke. Each time I look into deep desperate eyes of Suumpmolk, it silently says: "Pls kill me. I don't wanna live." Their units are shit, their support buildings are shit, they have fucking coral instead of a tower (yay the only counter to World Freezer and Artillery!) and very strong anti-ground-only legendary building, but this is simply not enough for this race to be anywhere above D tier. Their win conditons are heavily limited and not even S tier races can easily carry Naga to the win. The best I can hope for when I get that race is 45 min draw.

This concudes Tier List for the current patch by me, please share your thoughts with me and provide some argumented criticism on where and why would you put certain races instead.

sycspy

Re: Races tier list and discussion!

Post by sycspy » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:52 am

I totally could not agree with north in the S tier and elemental is far more powerful than you think. You have no idea how strong long range siege unit can be in the game. And your S tier all do not have a siege unit with 700 or more range. North + undead could possibly be defeated by elf + mech with ease. It's more about combinations rather than what a single race could offer. Almost all races have a weakness or 2. it's all depending on whether the other race is able to fill the gap.

Miacis

Post by Miacis » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:31 am

I know that as I call them "3rd line" units aka ranged siege are doing some good job and appreciate having them, but these 3 races simply have no need in such. Northern and Undead are simply no brainers, Corrupted's siege is simply having monstrous DPS which makes it useful in any matchup where enemy has ground units and regardless if they have turrets or don't.

I may underestimate Elementals, but just a little bit, because I gave them rank A, which is high anyway. I have put them there for a reason, after all. The only thing I'm not sure about that race is their legendary unit. If it is better than I think and if it gives them considerable advantage in most scenarios, then probably it is possible to add half of a rank to Elementals Universe, moving them up to A+. In order to have S, they really need to have 900+ range siege (which is not happening) or some juicy legendary building which would start impacting the game much earlier than Linker does.

And as I mentioned, the goodness of a race is decided by how well it combines with other stuff, for example, Naga will drag down any matchup while having Corrupted will help a lot and give some options.

Dexxa

Post by Dexxa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:32 am

Miacis wrote:Hello, CF players, today I saw a post in which some guy was talking about balance between races and I decided to start my own discussion with some analysis provided.

• S: Northern Realms, Corrupted Ones Conglomerate, Undead Forces - these are who is possible to carry almost any shit they have as an ally. Strong combos with any race.

A+: Chaos Legions - too good to be below, too bad to be above. It is almost perfect race like the upper ones.

A: Elementals Universe, Night Elves - they do the same as above but have more bad matchups

B: Mech Coalition, Human Alliance, Elven Union - average overall, kinda "ok races" which excel in some matchups but totally suck in others due to lack of options

C: Nature Force, Orcish Horde - they need to be supported by the S-tier race (and actually make good combos with them) to be able to compete with the others.

Dumpster: Naga Faction - they are pain to play... Easily countered by almost any shit imaginable.
This is so wrong I cannot believe it, Undead in S Naga in Trash tier wow man you have played this game before?

Auto Ban Tier:
Corrupt -> oneshotting buildings with tentacle special especially cages, Corrupted annihilator countering everything that counters himself with a single stun also -100% damage nice joke
Northern -> Frostlauncher killing building space, EVERY damage type in the game but siege, mushrooms

S Tier:
Human -> Cheesy race which can win even when behind, Walking rescue strikes (warlocks) super good specials buildings and Legendaries, cheapest Artillery unit, spammy race
Elf -> Flexible good starting units, Timing push race which punishes most races for having not enough offensive Special buildings, Druids are beyond broken so are assassins in most regards and situations, Stacking faerie Dragons are immune to blast staff, Obelisks of Wilderness leading to almost gg on most races with ballista pushes after 15-20 minutes, downsides are shitty tanks and tower
Mech -> Completetely counters Northern Frostlauncher and most negative debuffs, Strong Anti air and legendaries, solid lategame , supportive nature, good vs Artillery in general with spare part Heaps, Best tower in the game

A+
Elemental -> Super good starting unit, Every unity is very useful, Legendary caster which gets stronger the longer the game goes on, strong offensive special buildings, Linker combined with mass air Units results in everything getting fully healed all of the time, Air units that slow every other air unit by 30%, good tower vs Legendary units
Naga -> Forces Cage, Naga Siren effectively taking 1 unit ouf of the fight for 10 seconds at a time, BEST legendary special building in the game which will automatically win every game if the enemies don't have good air units they can transition too (the reason it's in A+), Not the best siege and anti air,
Elven -> Forces Cage, Strong start, Solid lategame units and Special buildings, Legenday building is really good too, Good tower for turtling, overall strong units

A
Nature -> Great starting unit, Okayish Special buildings, Ancient of Wonders is really good when behind, Shitty tower, Good vs Air,

B
Chaos ->Onetrick pony race,No options for Early game besides Succubus, No options besides Infernals and Dragons for lategame, No Tower, Tower Ruin falls off quickly, Volcanos kinda carry, only viable legendary is Eraser seeing as Shrine of destructions gets countered by spamming random shit, no siege units. Lacks everything that almost every other race has

C
Orcish Horde -> Start units are very situational, Special buildings are OKAY but not great, Axe masters carry this race hard, Only viablity in this race lies in multiple stun totems which is not very viable to begin with

Absolute Garbage shit tier rework this race pls
Undead -> Terrible start with 2 options, Terrible Special buildings which are either completely Countered by spam, mech or anything inbetween, City of Decay also countered by Mech as they are not biological units most of the time, Wyrms.... don't get me started the list that counters them is infinite the rare case of them not being countered they are actually strong but yeah that doesn't happen all that often, shitty tower, God aweful lategame which consist of Wyrm spam, bad anti air, Lich gets destroyed 15 minutes into the game
Last edited by Dexxa on Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Dexxa

Post by Dexxa » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:55 am

oups

sycspy

Post by sycspy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:04 pm

Dexxa wrote:
Miacis wrote:Hello, CF players, today I saw a post in which some guy was talking about balance between races and I decided to start my own discussion with some analysis provided.

This is so wrong I cannot believe it, Undead in S Naga in Trash tier wow man you have played this game before?

Auto Ban Tier:
Corrupt -> oneshotting buildings with tentacle special especially cages, Corrupted annihilator countering everything that counters himself with a single stun also -100% damage nice joke
Northern -> Frostlauncher killing building space, EVERY damage type in the game but siege, mushrooms

S Tier:
Human -> Cheesy race which can win even when behind, Walking rescue strikes (warlocks) super good specials buildings and Legendaries, cheapest Artillery unit, spammy race
Elf -> Flexible good starting units, Timing push race which punishes most races for having not enough offensive Special buildings, Druids are beyond broken so are assassins in most regards and situations, Stacking faerie Dragons are immune to blast staff, Obelisks of Wilderness leading to almost gg on most races with ballista pushes after 15-20 minutes, downsides are shitty tanks and tower
Mech -> Completetely counters Northern Frostlauncher and most negative debuffs, Strong Anti air and legendaries, solid lategame , supportive nature, good vs Artillery in general with spare part Heaps, Best tower in the game

A+
Elemental -> Super good starting unit, Every unity is very useful, Legendary caster which gets stronger the longer the game goes on, strong offensive special buildings, Linker combined with mass air Units results in everything getting fully healed all of the time, Air units that slow every other air unit by 30%, good tower vs Legendary units
Naga -> Forces Cage, Naga Siren effectively taking 1 unit ouf of the fight for 10 seconds at a time, BEST legendary special building in the game which will automatically win every game if the enemies don't have good air units they can transition too (the reason it's in A+), Not the best siege and anti air,
Elven -> Forces Cage, Strong start, Solid lategame units and Special buildings, Legenday building is really good too, Good tower for turtling, overall strong units

A
Nature -> Great starting unit, Okayish Special buildings, Ancient of Wonders is really good when behind, Shitty tower, Good vs Air,

B
Chaos ->Onetrick pony race,No options for Early game besides Succubus, No options besides Infernals and Dragons for lategame, No Tower, Tower Ruin falls off quickly, Volcanos kinda carry, only viable legendary is Eraser seeing as Shrine of destructions gets countered by spamming random shit, no siege units. Lacks everything that almost every other race has

C
Orcish Horde -> Start units are very situational, Special buildings are OKAY but not great, Axe masters carry this race hard, Only viablity in this race lies in multiple stun totems which is not very viable to begin with

Absolute Garbage shit tier rework this race pls
Undead -> Terrible start with 2 options, Terrible Special buildings which are either completely Countered by spam, mech or anything inbetween, City of Decay also countered by Mech as they are not biological units most of the time, Wyrms.... don't get me started the list that counters them is infinite the rare case of them not being countered they are actually strong but yeah that doesn't happen all that often, shitty tower, God aweful lategame which consist of Wyrm spam, bad anti air, Lich gets destroyed 15 minutes into the game
This makes more sense, but I do not agree undead being trash and auto ban races are usually chaos and north. Mech has 2 deadly weaknesses make it the trash race for me. No good anti air and no long range seige. It is almost the no. 1 support in the game, no. one goes to night elf. Maybe should change the discussion a bit, cos single race really have no point to discuss about. I would list some kinda fucked up combinations:

pacifico

Post by pacifico » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:39 am

i dont see no reason to always ban northern. its fear of mushroom? i dont get this. northern isnt strong.

undead is good. it can start with zumbi, vampir, necro or banshee. all good options. need to choose together with your partner, or play mp2.
decay isnt easy to be countered. may only elfs can heal enough.

corrupt is good, but not that strong. weak antiair, weak tower.

chaos is the better. who needs siege damage when you have infernals and dragons?
3 strong legendaries. maybe eraser should not give bounty, as it was in older versions.

both elfs are good, strong sieges, strong piercings, lack of melee.

elemental is strong. maybe linker should be nerfed someway.

orcs are fine, nagas are fine.

mech and nature may get some improves.

sycspy

Post by sycspy » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:06 am

pacifico wrote:i dont see no reason to always ban northern. its fear of mushroom? i dont get this. northern isnt strong.

undead is good. it can start with zumbi, vampir, necro or banshee. all good options. need to choose together with your partner, or play mp2.

chaos is the better. who needs siege damage when you have infernals and dragons?
3 strong legendaries. maybe eraser should not give bounty, as it was in older versions.

North will break the sync badly, and limit the number of buildings you could make latter in the game. That is what makes north really strong. They have OK air and strong ground but no siege, no matter how strong its ground is, latter in the game when so many sieges are out there its ground units could not survive. If it can not win the air it is as good as dead.

Dexxa

Post by Dexxa » Fri Sep 02, 2016 5:32 pm

pacifico wrote:i dont see no reason to always ban northern. its fear of mushroom? i dont get this. northern isnt strong.

okay maybe you should play the same game as I do and maybe you will see how wrong you are
complete bullshit from start to end