Rescue strike

Any ideas are welcome here.
ddmn
Map Developer

Rescue strike

Post by ddmn » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:08 pm

What do you think about increasing RS cast range so it could be used even on enemy's base?
Wouldn't it allow to team that saved RS to break opposing team's defense?
And another question: shouldn't RS kill EVERY enemy unit (I mean Hydras\spiders ability to spawn lesser unit after death)?

Sunus
Map Developer

Re: Rescue strike

Post by Sunus » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:08 pm

Sounds great,I think this would help to finish the opponents if necessary. Anyway this not gonna be used often for attacking enemy castle, as it usually needs for defending the base. We could make a trial mode like -longrs and then we will see how it effects the whole game. Maybe also would need to change the desctription to "Attacking Strike".
Well, and leaving Hydras\Spiders after they die, it's those units concept, so I do not think they should all die after RS.
Okay, let's hear other opinions

ddmn
Map Developer

Post by ddmn » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:00 am

I am not agree consider Hydras and Spiders because sometimes RS doesn't "rescue" (this is rare case for Hydras and not that rare for Spiders). Such feature makes Spiders more hard to counter. As for the name of RS - it should be rather "Help of Gods" :)

gex

Post by gex » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:57 pm

This would be the very first good addition you would give to the map. Congratulations.
Loved the idea and the concept, as it would really add tons of strategy to the gameplay.

BTW, just one comment: when the map had the -mpX bug (when ur unit would attack each other), if you used RS near / on the castle it would destroy the castle and finish the round. I hope this isn't hard to come around.

ddmn
Map Developer

Post by ddmn » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:47 pm

Ofc buildings mustn't be affected (or lesser affected) by that Strike.

gex

Post by gex » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

ddmn wrote:Ofc buildings mustn't be affected (or lesser affected) by that Strike.
Lol. Thats what I said. I dont think it should hit the buildings AT ALL. I just said that it happened before and that I HOPE its not difficult to change that / add this feature because of this :)

BTW, check the topic I just created at the balance/bugs section, please :)