[Suggestion]New game mod - total random builder

Any ideas are welcome here.
sycspy

[Suggestion]New game mod - total random builder

Post by sycspy » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:02 pm

I am here to suggest a new game mod that was introduced by Conflux in his version of Castle Fight map(http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3154301331 press "下载" for download). Since this version of castle fight is designed for 2v2 gameplay. Every race has its pros and cons, 2 races maybe just so lucky to be lacking some buildings to counter the enemy. We could also have more varieties in the game.
1. There is a category of buildings in each slot of the build menu.
2. Whenever the builder place a building of that slot, it would be changed to another random building from the category.
3. The building can be put into these categories. The categories could be:
1) Ranged seige
2) Basic melee/tank units(footman, champion, wolf, tree ent etc)
3) Advanced melee/tank units, distinguished with basic by price and usage paladin, wandigoo, bear, flesh golem, earth elemental, mech golem, shreder, montain giant and inferno should be in this category
4) Archer units(rifle man, troll, elf archer, ne archer, void walker, lesser demon etc)
5) Mage(untis heavily relay on mana)
6) Air
7) Special offensive building
8) Special supportive building
9) Legendary special buildings
4. To make the buildings unique, we could also randomly split the building pools between west and east or among the builders.
Last edited by sycspy on Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sunus
Map Developer

Re: [Suggestion]New game mod - total random builder

Post by Sunus » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:11 pm

I would like to see it, but can't download as it needs register probably I can't read hieroglyph

sycspy

Post by sycspy » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:35 am

Erm... anyway to upload an attachment from here? And also that *MAY* only support 1.24 or 1.20 I think.
To make your life easier you can download from here instead -> DOWNLOAD NOW!

K_I_R_I_L

Post by K_I_R_I_L » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:55 am

Something like prophet from Legion TD. I like the idea too

ddmn
Map Developer

Post by ddmn » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:10 pm

WC3 engine doesn't allow to set random buildings for the builder (afaik), I see only one way to do such mode:
each builder would have set of spells, each spell being cast creates random building of the type(tanks\ranged\flying\special\legendary) for fixed amount of gold (and lumber for specials\legendary). Gold\lumber cost should be approximately equal to the price of real building.

claudio1233

Post by claudio1233 » Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:29 pm

I liked the idea

Shinigami
Diskusiju Moderatorius

Post by Shinigami » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Yes it could be different type of spells for melee, ranged, special,leg and it all would be random - though spells would need to use gold/lumber/food...

ddmn
Map Developer

Post by ddmn » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:11 am

I thought a bit more and my idea is that it will be easier to use "dummy" buildings (with fixed price) and replace them to "real" random buildings after construction.
Building categories example: 2 melee units (weak\strong), 2 ranged(weak\strong), 1 flying, 1 caster\support, 2 specials(cheap\expensive), 1 legendary. Most boring work is to assign existing buildings to these categories...