New Age for CF

Any ideas are welcome here.
K_I_R_I_L

New Age for CF

Post by K_I_R_I_L » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:38 am

Hi. Maybe its time guys to re-made CF from 0. Since its concepts are already far away since the original. With the 2v2 gameplay the balance has changed considerably. As the original was meant to be 4vs4 with 2 lanes. What i mean is to make something that will be yours and will be unique and nobody will say that you just copy or use other persons work. Now a little more detailed if you want to listen

Lets start for example with legendaries.
Eraser. On 4vs4 with 2 lanes it could erase units on your side or on the other side which was good and it was pretty balanced. Now on only 1 line + bounty from killing the units + under PP + easy to buy cheese you can walk free on the line seeing no enemy unit)

Decay. On a 4vs4 a decay meant something powerfull. Thats why ''you can build only one" inscription stays there. Now on one lane vs Mechs, Night Elfs, High Elfs is useless

Units.
I think that a good balance will be giving to every race every kind of attack type. There will be no more " damn i dont have chaos attack, what should i do" or " those towers are already pissing me off but my siege is too expensive((". In this case it will be easier to balance all of them. You take all chaos damage units of all races and look at the ( damage/hp/attack speed/ability powers/defense and make the cost to be exactly what you pay for.

I know it will be very hard to make all this but i believe you will find help if you ask the players . Me for example will be more than happy to help you guys. Plus it will bring something new to the game. Cheers)

ddmn
Map Developer

Re: New Age for CF

Post by ddmn » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:02 pm

Well, idea of total remake of CF isn't new )
It's quite useless to try to do it in WC3 because it would be similar to original CF, 2\3 or more of all models and spells are used in CF.
Lets wait for another enthusiast(s) that probably will create something brand new and modern.
It seems players are more or less satisfied with existing versions because they don't give response.
I am agree that Obelisk of Starfall, Totem of Stasis, Eraser and Ancient of Wonders are quite strong in numbers while other legendary buildings are quite useless, so I've tried to change it: City of Decay is upgradeable for the price of food - 8\10\12 dps, Altar of Heroes affects only on its owner's spawn (20%,25%,33%,50%), Shrine of Justice - 16%+4% for each next shrine, Eraser doesn't give full bounty (only for 40%-80% of destroyed units), Totem of Stasis has variable cooldown(35-45s),etc.
But most players don't praise any radical changes.

K_I_R_I_L

Post by K_I_R_I_L » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:15 am

Actually the idea of upgrading the legendaries is pretty good. Maybe to be more fair to the other legendaries it should be made that you can build only one legendary building but being able to upgrade it. And about remake of CF. What i meant was to take 1 race that is more or less balanced and on its example to remake the others. To change not everything but particular units. To make every race to have all the types of attack.

ddmn
Map Developer

Post by ddmn » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:33 pm

Yes, upgradeable ultimates would be fine, cheese could be removed then and its price should be included into upgrade cost.
Unfortunately such redesign requires quite big amount of time (mostly for coding and testing)