HUGE IDEAS

Any ideas are welcome here.
Petros

HUGE IDEAS

Post by Petros » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:55 pm

This is ALL about balance and modes.

1. BRING BACK -nfrX and -itX. Let people remove the newest races if they want to. Let them change the income timer if they want to. Right now, you can CHOOSE to play with caging or not, with artillery or not. Its THE SAME PRINCIPLE. Let people choose. There was never any reason to remove them in the first place.

2. ORB SHOULD WORK AS IT ALWAYS DID! Sunus, u said the game is balanced because u see draws all the time. Well, its never been easier for a player to HOLD a draw since he can basically get lots of towers, tons of staffs and 2 orbs while the enemy team cant do anything about that. Towers will usually kill regular units while the orbs + staffs will kill the siege. Of course this doesnt happen ALL the time, but it sure happens A LOT. If u could at least counter orb, game would be much better.

3. BALANCE, BALANCE, BALANCE!
3.1: FROST WYRMS: Unless u have Chaos and Eraser, there is NO WAY u can win against a flood of Wyrms (supposing the player gets to flood them). Maybe that flying unit from Elemental can counter them, but I don't use that race ever.

3.2: WELL OF PAIN: do I really need to tell u how OP this is?

3.2: SERENITY: this unit is just LOL. Most of the time they will win the round as soon as they are built. Unless u have a perfect set against Chaos, Serenity is a round winner. Period.

3.3: ANCIENT HYDRA + RESCUE: why this hasn't been fixed already? It doesn't matter that u incresed the lumber requirement for Hydra. If somehow u manage to rush an Hydra, it will almost always win the round BECAUSE RESCUE DOESN'T KILL IT (it leaves regular Hydras).

3.4: SILVER GLADE: man... flood them and ur units will be immortal.

3.5: ORACLE OF SIREN: Cooldown of 16 seconds... do the math, FFS. Not even a footman gets trained this fast. I always told u this: the map was designed to be a 4x4 game. Its just too OP on a 2x2. Dont tell me to make farms/cages... just combine ORACLE with almost any other special building and farms will be torn apart.

3.6: ANNIHILATOR: after mixing with all the other heroes, it sucks to see how lame and weak annihi is now. Besides from his special move, hes a lame ass legendary now.

3.7: ERASER: I have said this so many times before... eraser was never supposed to give cash / bounty for erased units. This is BY FAR the best building in the game. And its so goddamn cheap... Its almost too easy to flood erasers because of the super amount of money ull get after building one.

There is still SO much more to change... at least reply here please. Love.

Sunus
Map Developer

Re: HUGE IDEAS

Post by Sunus » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:01 pm

Thanks, for suggestions I will keep it in my mind.

sycspy

Post by sycspy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:14 am

Well our beloved sunus replyed and it goes silent again and next version/patch is no where to be expected :lol:

sycspy

Post by sycspy » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:26 am

Despite Petros being a dick sometimes, he is right about most of his comments :D But balance or not there should always has a way to win, the problem is some race really lacking something to counter another thing. if both race shares that weakness, it's pretty much gg. In terms of balancing 2v2 is way easier (or maybe harderas 2 races are easier to expose a weakness than 4) than 4v4, so Sunus could you please do your best and show us something.

So the thing that lead to quick defeat are: lack of good air unit, lack of anti air, lack of AOE, lack of chaos attack, lack of long range seige. Some of the weaknesses does not show its better fruit until somethign happened(such as the oponent get the tide generator, elemental book or volcano, so you dont have good air and you dont have good healing would slowly lead to defeat).

I made a summary before hope it could help to explain things.

Cheater

Post by Cheater » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:51 am

since Chapter 3(BALANCE) Petros is right only about Annihilator and may be Eraser.
its inbpossible to balance -rr modes in CF, so 3.1-3.5 is not imba. Use defenders and kodo or healing in cage to counter WELLs. spiders, murlocs or weak spam vs Oracles. Have noting to say anout WYRMS and Silver glade - they was not ever a problem.
Judging by what you wrote - every race has OP. But actually every race has the strengths

Petros

Post by Petros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Cheater wrote:since Chapter 3(BALANCE) Petros is right only about Annihilator and may be Eraser.
its inbpossible to balance -rr modes in CF, so 3.1-3.5 is not imba. Use defenders and kodo or healing in cage to counter WELLs. spiders, murlocs or weak spam vs Oracles. Have noting to say anout WYRMS and Silver glade - they was not ever a problem.
Judging by what you wrote - every race has OP. But actually every race has the strengths
Ur reply is the reason why I am a "dick" sometimes (as sycspy said). I bet Im a WAY better player than u and that I know more about this map than anyone else here. The fact that u named a FEW counters to the things I mentioned does not mean Im wrong. It means those things can be countered AS LONG AS U HAVE A GOOD COUNTER AGAINST THEM!

U said to cage defenders and kodos against WOP's. What if u have undead, northern or chaos together? No healing and no way to counter WOP at first (u might be able to counter them A BIT if u cage some magnataurs and infernals).

Wyrms are not a problem? Unless u have mechanic and/or elf (not night elf), I dont see how u can counter a huge spam of wyrms. Would u mind telling me the way, expert?

Silve glades are not a problem? Damn lol... they can make ur units almost invincible!

Petros

Post by Petros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:48 pm

sycspy, I know I can be repetitive sometimes, but I HAVE TO SAY this once again: game was made and planned as a 4x4 map. Every time people decided to play 3x3 or 2x2, they knew about all the changes they were making to the balance and could not complain about it.

But since the map now is 2x2 ONLY, then the balance should be COMPLETELY revisited. There are tons of units that can literally finish one round at the very start. People always think about Banshee (when u don’t have chaos) or about Faeries, but what about Bloodfiends? Sometimes u get lucky and u train 2-3 divine armored Bloodfiends at the game start, which forces u to use a rescue. This has got to do with the 2x2 / 4x4 too. Why? Cause it was impossible for u to not have a chaos units on a 4x4 game. Maybe u would need the builder to swap / change lanes, but u would always be able to counter SOMEHOW.

Artillery is also WAY too imba. All of it. I’m not even gonna waste my time saying why.

Petros

Post by Petros » Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:54 pm

A classic example: mech can be a godly race or a lame ass one.

Say u get mechanic against undead. Its like playin 2x1, since undead cant really do anything to bother mech. Shields will protect against Death Pitts, CoD won't work, tanks have magic resistance, Golem can't be stopped by PB's (also, their poison wont work). Not even the wyrms will be able to save ur ass.

On the other hand, if u have mechanic against naga or chaos, its like playing 1x2, since mech cant really do anything against those 2 races. Its WAY too imba. Im not even gonna list unit by unit, but I think we can all agree that mechanic is pretty much finished as soon as u get a pyramid or a volcano. Whats ur choice? Aircrafts? Again, this is why I mentioned 2x2 / 4x4. Mechanic cannot relly 100% on tanks if the game is 2x2. Mechanic would need an air unit that could also attack ground units.

Cheater

Post by Cheater » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Petros, if you dont know how to play/win against anaga faction as udndead/north/chaos, and how to play against undead with anything but elf/mech and...wait you said that you are best player here? You are not trolling? Ok.
One more: "CoD won't work, tanks have magic resistance" and "Mechanic cannot relly 100% on tanks if the game is 2x2".
Still, I think you're a trollю

Petros

Post by Petros » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:26 pm

@cheater

1. Learn basic english.
2. I'd win against u each and every time we played, but this doesn't mean the game is balanced, it just means Im WAY better than u.

3. Now that I think about it, I guess u r the one trolling lol...

4. Anyway, back to the topic. I see u don't know what CoD means: its CITY OF DECAY. It doesn't affect mechanic units AT ALL. Got that now, kid?

Cheater

Post by Cheater » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:46 pm

Ok, Let's say you dint answer me because you have not anything to say, or my english is realyveryvery bad(my teacher said my english is very good very well).
Let's say, that if u using ur 'imba' is guarantees to you more then 90% winrate, ok?. Can you bet, that you will win 90% -mp2 games with mech against undead in pciks? Or naga against undead/north/chaos in picks?
Or admit that you are a troll.
And i know what is CoD. there is answer in ur question "CoD won't work, tanks have magic resistance" and "Mechanic cannot relly 100% on tanks if the game is 2x2". Just think.