CF unplayable in bnet patch 1.29

All bugs and balance issues can be reported here.
Fear

CF unplayable in bnet patch 1.29

Post by Fear » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:53 am

Hello everyone

I usually play CF on bnet through the hosted version of Ent. However, after patch 1.29, they removed the map from their bots hosting list, after reports of disconnects and crashes when initiating the game. I tried creating that version myself - which I believe it to be 1.22 ES - and, although I could play the map without crashes, it was very buggy. For instance, some modes did not apply, the buildings were showing no mana (training times), the secondary builder in -mp2 did not have the option to buy from castle, and a bot took over a player's control (5 min afk) but he was playing and couldn't get control back. At this point the opponent left.

The games was pretty much unplayable. So I was wondering if there is any information here of the possibility of seeing a new CF version compatible with 1.29 where these issues are corrected.

Sunus
Developer

Re: CF unplayable in bnet patch 1.29

Post by Sunus » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:04 pm

Hi,

1.22 ES is very old cf map which was stopped developing in 2011 and I don't think you ever see that version hosted again on any bots. p1l1s bot hosting Castle Fight EU on battle.net, that version you should play, as far as I know this version works fine after 1.29 patch.

s7even

Post by s7even » Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:04 pm

Ancient of wonder screwed up when creeps are now enemy in 1.29

Fear

Post by Fear » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:50 pm

Thanks for the reply and indication of an alternative bot. While I was excited to play an up-to-date cf version, to be honest, I was also disappointed in seeing the way it took. In my opinion, the "forced" random builder ruins the strategical experience of the game, where you try to counter based on what the enemy might have, while also creating potential unbalances within a builder's kit.

Nevertheless, is there a way to play 1v1? I see there is a ranking on the main page. However, I could not even find the games list. The only way that I was able to join a game was by filtering, in bnet, to display only "small map" customs.

Sunus
Developer

Post by Sunus » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:09 am

1v1 bot available at our local server. And the mod !ulti is not forced, it's just default option. When you take !owner you can simply change the mode you like. !pro, !bpro or even disabling auto mode by !none and entering modes during the game.

Fear

Post by Fear » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:50 am

Thanks for the answers. Will try it :)